Gluten-free Chocolate Cake w/ Chocolate Frosting
Warning: This cake is so good you will succumb to its tastiness and eat an entire row in one sitting!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- 1 box King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake dry mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 8” or 9” round layer pans or 1 9” x 13” pan, or 24 cupcake papers in muffin pans. (I used 1 9” x 13” pan)
2. Using a mixer, beat the oil, vanilla, and 1 egg into the gluten-free dry mix. Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Add the water, and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl ensuring the mixture is thoroughly combined and smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s), and put the pans into the oven.
5. Bake until toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, and the top springs back when lightly pressed. Follow instructions on back of box for different baking times based on what pans you use. I had to add on 20 minutes baking time (!) because I live at 5,500 ft.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely in the pan for 20+ minutes, then frost if desired with the following recipe.
- 1 box Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Frosting Mix (peanut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and of course, gluten-free)
- 2 sticks softened butter or margarine (don’t use tub margarine)
- 2 tbsp rice milk, soy milk, or regular milk
- In a mixer, thoroughly blend the butter, milk, and frosting mix at medium speed for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Frost the cake or eat it right off the spoon like I did!