Pancakes with Cranberry & Ginger Chutney (gluten-free)
Happy Saturday everyone! I love making big breakfasts on the weekends. I’ve been craving pancakes recently so I made some gluten-free pancakes courtesy of the super tasty gluten-free Bisquick mix. I added in some gluten-free oats, and topped with some locally made cranberry and ginger chutney for a little tangy topping.
To make the pancakes all you need is:
- 1 cup gluten-free Bisquick pancake mix
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats (i.e. Bob’s Red Mill) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite pancake topping i.e. That Sweet Zing cranberry & ginger chutney
1. Whisk all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
2. Heat up a medium to large frying pan to medium-high heat, then add a small amount of nonstick cooking spray or butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Ladle ~1/2 cup of the batter onto the coated frying pan, and cook until edges are dry, then flip and cook the other side of the pancake until golden.
4. Serve immediately with your favorite pancake topping such as That Sweet Zing cranberry and ginger chutney.
The chutney is very tangy, has only a few ingredients, and is gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, dairy-free, and nut-free plus it’s locally made here in Boulder. I added a little bit of creamy peanut butter too!
What’s your favorite pancake topping?