Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free)
The King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Cookie Mix is basically a cookie base where you add in 1-3 cups of whatever you want (if you want to!). I had some mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips (my fav) in the pantry, so that’s what I used. Next time I’ll use walnuts instead of marshmallows because the marshmallows made the cookies really sticky (thankfully I always use Sil-Pats and the like on my cookie sheets, so I was able to get them off the sheets easily).
So the recipe…super easy since it’s a mix!
All you need is:
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 to 3 cups of add-ins (i.e. chocolate chips) - this is optional
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Put 1/2 the cookie mix in a bowl, then mix in the butter.
3. Add the egg and water, and beat until fluffy.
4. Beat in the other 1/2 of the cookie mix, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl. *I use this scraper blade on my Kitchenaid that continually scrapes the sides/ bottom of the bowl.
5. Add in 1 to 3 cups of add-ins i.e. chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc. (optional!).
6. Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheets with 2” between cookies. Flatten cookies to 1/2” thick (I used the spoon to do this!).
7. Bake cookies until browned, 10 to 12 minutes. *I live at 5,500 ft. so I had to add on a few minutes of baking time (total baking time: 16 minutes).
8. Remove cookies from oven, and let them cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Eat while still warm to enjoy the melted chocolate goodness!
The cookies taste like their “glutenful” counterparts, and are very chewy and delicious. Also, I love the simplicity of this recipe, and will definitely be making it again soon with walnuts and chocolate chips!
4 Notes/ Hide
- normalpeople-scareme reblogged this from adventuresinasatru
- adventuresinasatru reblogged this from glutenfreegal
- celiacandthebeast reblogged this from glutenfreegal and added:
- glutenfreegal posted this