Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 2-3 tablespoons dried onion or 1/4 cup diced fresh onion
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos or gluten-free tamari
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker/ crock pot.
- Add onion, then pour water, wine, and Braggs over the top, turning the pork to coat.
- Spread the garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on high setting for 4-5 hours until meat is tender and falling apart.
- Pour some of the cooking liquid on the side to use as au jus OR on top of the pork.
- As a side, we roasted red and sweet potatoes in the oven with olive oil and fresh rosemary, yum!
Wonderful flavor, the meat is super tender and delicious! Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Coq Au Vin (adapted from The Wheat Belly Diet recipe)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I assume you can use regular flour or cornstarch here if you wanted to make it gluten-ful)
- 1 cup dry red wine or chicken broth (we used chicken broth)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence (mispronounce this, it’s fun)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (we used chicken breasts)
- 1/2 pound frozen pearl onions, thawed (we omitted this ingredient)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped (mmm…bacon)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil.
- In the slow cooker pot, whisk the tomato paste with the coconut flour until the flour dissolves.
- Whisk in the wine or broth, herbs, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add the chicken, onions, mushrooms, bacon, and garlic. Stir to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve over white rice.
My husband & I have made this meal twice now in the past month. It has seriously amazing flavor, enjoy!